1. Mix up a little dish soap and water solution in a spray bottle
2. Let the air out of the tire
3. Depress the tire from the bead and liberally spray the solution between the rim and tire bead. You don't have to drench it but get it wet.
4. Air up the tire again. You may have to put 30-40psi in the tire initially to get it to seat.
5. Once the tire is set, take a dry rag and wipe any excess solution from the tire/rim and let it air dry for 10-15min.
6. Set the air pressure. I use 12-14psi depending on riding conditions.
3 years, 2 months ago